Showing, walkthrough and other buyer visit guidelines, per the State Department of Labor:
- Agents and buyers must comply with any showing instructions provided by the seller.
- When performing any in-person real estate activities, all participants must utilize sanitizer and wear masks/face coverings.
- Agents should not leave brochures, flyers, business cards, etc. in the property. Any marketing material should be provided virtually or by mail where possible.
- Agents and buyers should use their own separate transportation to the property.
- No more than 3 visitors should be present any visit (e.g., one agent and two buyers).
- Sellers should vacate the dwelling during the showing but may remain outside on the property, exercising appropriate social distancing.
- For occupied properties, Sellers should leave lights on, and leave interior doors, drapes and blinds open to limit the buyer’s interaction with those items. For vacant properties, the listing agent should either ensure these tasks are taken care of prior to the showing or provide instructions for the buyer’s agent to do so.
- Avoid physical contact within the property. For example, if doors and curtains are not open do not open them unless absolutely necessary. If something must be touched (e.g., a door must be opened to access a particular area of the property), limit the number of people who touch that surface. If there is a specific issue of importance for the buyer, coordinate that request with the seller prior to the showing (e.g., if the buyers are concerned about closet space, make a specific request that closet doors be left open).
- Maintain social distancing guidelines at all times. If an area is too small to ensure appropriate distancing, stagger entry and exit.
- After every showing, buyers and buyer agents should do any cleaning/sanitizing agreed-upon as a condition of the showing instructions, and any person utilizing the lockbox should sanitize the lockbox, key, and doorknobs used for entry.
- Minimize the time spent in the dwelling or at the property by having post-showing discussions with buyers away from the property, via remote means (email, video conference, telephone, etc.).
Please let us know within 24 hours of our appointment if:
- In the past 14 days, you have been diagnosed with or tested for COVID-19.
- In the past 14 days, you have been in contact with a person who has been diagnosed with, or is being tested for, COVID-19.
- In the past 14 days, you have traveled internationally, been on a cruise or been to any domestic location subject to a Federal of state travel advisory.
- In the past 72 hours, you have had a fever of over 100.4° F.
- In the past 72 hours, you have experienced, coughing, shortness of breath or other recognized symptoms of COVID-19.